It is the objective of the NRHP to promote and to protect the professional status, standards, ethics and interests of its members.
The NRHP exists for the benefit of its members, both individually and collectively, and some of the advantages of membership are listed below:
1. Political representation concerning any possible disadvantageous effects of any changing legislation.
2. Nationwide referral service with optional inclusion in our Directory of Practitioners and inclusion on our website
3. Free subscription to in-house newsletter.
4. Wide publicity of the organisation through advertising in relevant publications. The list may vary from time to time, dependent upon advertising policy.
5. For Full members, the opportunity to be recommended for membership of the UK Council for Psychotherapy's National Register of Psychotherapists, subject to fulfilling all UKCP's requirements.
6. Subject to 5 above, the opportunity for individual listing in the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy's “Counselling and Psychotherapy Resources Directory”.
7. For Full members, the opportunity to apply for admission to the Independent British Register of Complementary Practitioners (Hypnotherapy), maintained by the Institute FOR Complementary Medicine and initiated at the suggestion of the NRHP, subject to fulfilling ICM's requirements.
8. Access to a nationwide supervisory service and opportunity to attend Continuing Professional Development training events at preferential rates.
9. The NRHP is greatly assisted in its purposes by its affiliations:
a) The NRHP is an organisational member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
b) The NRHP is a membership organisation of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
Note: The manner in which any or all of the purposes of the NRHP can be best implemented and achieved will be as determined from time to time by the Board of Directors.